Monday, May 2, 2011

Ding Dong His DEAD!

Yesterday May 1st, 2011, we found out that this horrible man, Osama Bin Laden is DEAD!!!! It's a historical moment in American history.
Where was I on 9/11?
I was in the 7th grade. I was setting in my class room, out on a trailer behind my school in Decatur Georgia. We were moved into the build and put on lock down. Our teacher was crying and we had no idea what horrors that were going on outside. Some kids were being took home early and the rest of us were giving work sheets to keep us busy.
When I got home and saw on TV what had happened, I lied at the foot of my parents bed and cried. They said we were going to war. All I knew about war was in the movies, strange soldiers coming into homes and killing the whole family. I was terrified.
Where was I when they said Osama Bin Laden was dead?
Picture of our TV as Obama made his speech. 

I was setting in our living room next to my husband, who is a Afghanistan Vet. We cheered and made comments as the speech went on. We hugged and I thank him for his service to this country. He told me who he thought did it and told me about his time at war. I felt my heart swelled with pride as I thought about my husband and thought about being an American. I thought about my daughter who knows nothing about war and bad people. I thought about her safety and what her daddy did what he did for her. 
To all our service members I send out a Thank You! 
As a former Army Wife I know how horrible it feels to not sleep and hold on to the phone every minute of the day as your husband is out on a mission and can't call home until his back at the FOB. I know the fear of not hearing from him when you think you should. I know how it feel to give birth to a child without her father there because his at war. 
If it wasn't for this man we would have never had to feel those things. We would have never had to hug our soldiers good bye for 18 months. We would have never had to stand beside flag covered coffins.   

Thank God that man is gone. The world is now a better place!
It just shows you shouldn't mess with the best!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...