Monday, April 18, 2011

Why are We Paying You if I Can't Even get What I Need.

Nuvaring Update.

Well Sunday I went to get a new nuvaring while we were out doing our grocery shopping. My name was called over the loud speaker to come back to the pharmacy. There I was told that my insurance wouldn't cover the cost of my nuvaring.
From there I call my insurance were they tell me some bull crap about paying it out of pocket and then "maybe" getting reimbursed.
We pay just about $100 a month for BlueCrossBlueShield. But it seems they won't pay for something I need. Yes they pay for the pill, but when I was on the pill my moods were so messed up. My sex drive was gone. When I started nuvaring I felt so much better. I felt like myself again. But it seems that's all down the f-ing drain. Being Sunday and the day I needed to start taking my birth control again ( I'm super freaked about getting pregnant again.). I just so happened to still have one refill on the pill left, something told me not to throw the pill packet away. So thats what I'm on again now.
Really I don't get how we can pay for something and not be able to get what I need. And paying out of pocket is not a option. We barely make it as it is. We don't get any help from the government or anyone. My poor husband goes to work at 4:30 in the morning and works until 5pm. I'm lucky to have him and that he gives the the chance to be a stay at home mom. I try to do my part. I clip coupons and shop sales and make a lot of things myself.
But I just don't understand how we can pay out $100 a month to these people and then they won't cover anything I need.
So now I'm back to fighting to feel normal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear! I feel you. Insurance sucks! We spent pretty much our entire deductible ($600) because Audrey and I both had doctor appointments at the beginning of 2011. Basic DR appointments and some baby shots = $600! Ugh.

Have you looked into any Christian pregnancy or mom groups? Or other non-profits near by? I know a lot of them offer financial assistance for birth control.

Good luck! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...