Monday, March 28, 2011

Potty Training Ups and Downs

1st Off I wanna start this post by saying, I know all children will potty train when their ready and all kids are different. I know this.

2nd I would like to say, this potty training thing is super hard.

We have been going full potty training mode for a week now. We are cloth training at home and using pull-ups ( meaning disposables ) when we're out. We tryed doing cloth while we went out, but Skylee is so small that the 2T water proff pants I bought ( 2T being the smallest size I could find) are too big. So they didn't hold in leaks well at all.
We were doing good the 1st few days at home. We had plenty of "naked-time". We pee peed in the potty 2 times the 1st day. We were so proud. And I was giving her cookies for a reward.( I know I know, not the best thing to do. But she doesn't get sweets often and this made her happy. I can't help but I want to make her happy.) The next few days weren't as successful. We went through all 6 pairs of cloth panties in like 7mins. I so not lying. It was kinda fun now that I think about it.
The pull-ups aren't helping at all. We bought some with Dora on them, being that is her favorite person right now. I told her, "Don't pee pee on Dora." She was so happy to be wearing Dora, but that didn't stop her from peeing on her. A wet pull-up didn't seem to bother her at her. At least a wet cloth panties made her cry.
We are just starting off. And I am keeping my cool.
Wish us luck.

2 comments:

Kerry SewPizazzed.com said...

Oh I feel for you! I have two boys. The older was trained at the ripe old age of 4 yrs and 10 months. He was a challenge. His younger brother is following him nicely. At 2 1/2 he shows no interest, and even has words for me about it. So here we are, still buying diapers. I refuse to buy expensive pull-ups until he is really ready.

following you now from

http://milestonesoffaith.blogspot.com/

Kerry

Ashley said...

Ha, I'm sorry but don't pee on Dora has me cracking up. hahaha You guys are too cute. Potty training is SO hard. Hang in there! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...