Thursday, January 6, 2011

It Just Fell Out

I was laying on the couch the other night when I rubbed my ring finger and felt something kinda weird. The stone on my engagement ring with GONE!!!! My heart sunk into my stomach and I felt my eyes burning. I looked at the empty spot in my ring and cried, " Honey the stone in my ring is gone." 
God was so on my side right then, I moved the blanket I had been covered up with and there lied the pretty pink stone that made my heart melt the 1st time I saw it.
Ok I picked out my own engagement ring. If I wouldn't have there's no telling what he would have picked out. It was Christmas 2008, we were flat broke but so in love. He would ask what I wanted for Christmas and I would say a ring.
We were out at Walmart just to look when he spotted one of those Walmart credit card apply here machines. He started applying and I walked away to look around. The machine just happened to be located right beside the jewelry department. I have been eyeing this ring for months. So when he was done applying and approved, holding this slip of paper has a temp credit card, I asked if I could just try it on. I slipped the ring onto my finger and my heart flew. It was a size too big but I didn't tell him that. We started to walk out when he turned around and ask, " Do you want me to buy you that ring?" That was it, I thought he was joking so I said of course. He turned around and went back and bought the ring, my engagement ring.
We got the car wea he just handed me the box. Too happy to complain about the lack of romance, I slipped the ring onto my finger and kissed him!
That was it, in the Walmart parking lot, we got engaged.
I know it's not fairytale, but it was perfect to me.

XOXO
Nikki Darlin'

4 comments:

Tomi C said...

Congratulations on your engagement.

Tomi
Southern Moms
Mom Bloggers Club

Mz E said...

*smile* Glad you found your stone.
It doesn't really matter HOW you got engaged...as long its with the person YOU KNOW you love. Many Blessings to the 3 of you! *smile*
Stay Blessed..

Nikki Darlin' said...

Thanks and to clear things up. We are married now. We got engaged in 2008 and married 2009.

Ashley said...

Pretty adorable and romantic to me! I love the ring and am so glad the stone didn't get lost!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...