Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm Slowly Learning

Hi loves! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Mine was good. Went out to eat and did some Christmas shopping. Saturday we took a trip to the Mall for some Starbucks. And being a smart mommy I am, I thought Skylee would enjoy riding on those 25 cent rides. No, I was wrong. I wasted $1.50 on rides that just made her cry.
I really thought her would like it. She rides her toys all over the house. But she didn't. I could have bought a cookie or some with that money.

Then Sunday we took Skylee to the movie theater for the 1st time. We went and saw Megamind. I loved the movie, it was super cute. But Skylee thought differently.
At 1st she was ok. She liked to look around and see the other kids. Then the lights went down and the movie got kinda loud. She started screaming as loud as she could. Knowing this might happen I brought her some snacks to eat. She was ok while she ate her snacks and laughed when everyone else did. But then the snacks were gone. Being that it was dark and she knows when it gets dark it's time for bed. So again, she got fussy. Being the good man my hubby is, he took her out and walked her around until she fell asleep.
So count it 30mins into the movie she was out like a light.
Ok I'm young and new at this mommy thing. I've only been doing it 15 months. I have now learned that she is still too young for the movie theater. Now I know!

I believe motherhood is a learning process. I'm very new in this process. I don't believe you ever really know what you're doing. You just have to roll with the punches and go with the flow. I'm learning slowly to live in the moment and now freak when something little goes wrong. Which is hard for me. I love to plan and know what is going to happen. Skylee has other plans for me. I just hope I'm a good enough mother to get her into adulthood. And it will be a plus if she comes out a good person after all this. I just hope she takes it easy on mommy.

XOXO
Nikki Darlin'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great post!
glad you had a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Aww! She's adorable...you're right...motherhood is a total learning process...I have 3 kids...(The oldest will be 14 next month..)and I'm STILL learning! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...