Wednesday, November 24, 2010

16, Pregnant, and Married

I have been watching 16 & Pregnant from the beginning with Maci, Amber, Farrah, Catlin, and those other girls who didn't make it to Teen Mom. On their season there was no getting married. They were pregnant and maybe engaged, which didn't last long.
The newest season, I have been watching, these girls are getting married left and right. Just a few episodes into the season and I have already seen two weddings.
I think this season is just wrong. It's giving young girls the idea that they can just have a baby and get married and live a happy life.
I believe marriage is nothing to take lightly. It's not easy in anyway. It's even harder when you throw a baby into the mix.
Being young myself, had a baby and married at 20, I know how hard it is trying to hold together a marriage and raise a baby. You're no longer just playing house. These girls don't even have a house. They are living with their parents.
If my daughter came to me pregnant at 16, God I hope this doesn't happen, I surely would not let her get married. These parents, in my opinion this is my blog, should have made them wait. I'm not going to get into the baby part of the fixture, but they should have waited until they got married. I kept hearing the girls say they didn't wanna be fat when they got married, so they got married before the baby. These girls are living in a true fantasy.
To show other girls, who are watching this show, they should do a update show on each girl other than the update show they do with Dr. Drew. They should go back into their homes and show everyone how home life is now after the show. I truly hope girls aren't looking up to these girls.

XOXO
Nikki Darlin'

2 comments:

Dreams Do Come True said...

I was going to do this same post... I have been so annoyed with the new season. I can't wait for Teen Mom to come back on.

Nikki Darlin' said...

I love teen mom. That show at least seems more real.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...