Tuesday, November 8, 2011

HomeMade Banana Pudding


I'm not the one who makes everything home made. I like my boxes and cans of food. Frozen is my friend. But I got a wild hair up my ass yesterday and wanted to make something people would like. I just happen to have some bananas in the freg that were about to go bad if something wasn't done with them. 
So with all that, I made home made banana pudding yesterday for the 1st time. 

Here's how I did it :
2 c. sugar
3 tbsp. self rising flour
3 egg yolks
3 1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 stick butter
Bananas
Wafers
Mix sugar and flour in non-stick saucepan. Add milk and beaten egg yolks. Cook over low heat stirring all the while until it thickens. When thickened add butter and vanilla. Let cool. Layer bananas and wafers in long glass pan. Pour pudding over them, let it soak in.
Recipe via { here }

Things I would change:
I would hold off on the 1/2 cup of milk. And add it if needed because I found my pudding was a little watery. 

What's your favorite thing to make homemade?




2 comments:

jessica ♥ The Fevered Pen said...

I wanna make this! I love banana pudding!! :) looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

ooh this one looks good.. my kids love banana so I'm sure they would love this. gotta try it soon, thanks for sharing! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...