Friday, January 7, 2011

Homeschooling plus Bible study

I have been looking around on the internet all night about this homeschooling thing. I have come to the conclusion that I will be doing a Bible related homeschooling. I found a pretty good site to help me out, Here, plus I'm coming up without myself.
I will be adding a tab up top to bookmark my journey with this. I have never tried to teach anyone anything in my life. I'm kinda nervous about how this is going to turn out, but I'm going to give it my best shot. I have my 1st week lesson made already complete with self made coloring sheets.

Yes there is a pug there as the dog. I thought I would use something she is used to seeing.
Here's my lesson plan : 
Week 1 : God made the animals.
Day one : Read the story of Noah's Ark.
               Color a color page with a Ant and Bear on it. [ A for ant, B for bear ]
Day two : Read story
                Look around the house and find animals. [ making a game out of it. ]
Day three: Read story
                 Color page with cat and dog on them [ C for cat, D for dog ]
Day four : Read story
                Sing Noah's Ark Song. [ found video on youtube ]
Day five : Read story
               Make Noah's Ark out of paper craft.

                
Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Mz E said...

You got it mz lady! Good luck to you and Sky! *smile*

Unknown said...

Following you from MBC... nice blog! And I wish you God's best in your homeschooling journey!

Jamie said...

It sounds like you're off to a great start! I'm homeschooling as well, although this year was very laid back for my 3 year old because I was pregnant and then had a newborn to take care of.

I would wish you luck, but you won't need it because you have God's grace. ;)

TJ @ MeasuringFlower.com said...

Homeschooling is awesome. I was homeschooled from pre-K till I graduated high school and I intend to homeschool my kids too. It's good because you know exactly what you're kid is learning, you re-learn things you'd forgotten, and you can get your child to work harder because you care the most for the student! My mom used A Beka Book curriculum for us, and it's a good Christian curriculum. Bob Jones is also a good one. Have fun and good luck!
Btw, don't forget your poem goes up tomorrow!
Have a good day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...